Alf Nucifora is the Chairman and Founder of The Luxury Marketing Council chapter in Northern California embracing San Francisco, Carmel/Monterey, Silicon Valley and Napa and Sonoma. The Luxury Marketing Council is a global organization representing more than 1000 of the world's leading consumer luxury brands.
A native of Brisbane, Australia, Alf entered the advertising and marketing business on the corporate side working for two Fortune 500 companies, first in Australia and then in the United States. He then made the move to the advertising business and later advanced into agency management.
Alf graduated from the University of Queensland with a B.A. Degree. He furthered his formal education in the United States, attending the Harvard Business School, where he earned an M.B.A. Degree.
Present Business Affiliations
- Chairman, Nucifora Consulting Group (a strategic marketing consultancy), Atlanta
- Chairman and Founder, The Luxury Marketing Council, San Francisco
- Board Director, various privately held companies
Civic and Industry Affiliations, Awards, Honors
- Board Director, Create Your Dreams
- Chairman, Marketing Committee, Georgia Hospitality & Travel Association
- Director, Midtown Alliance
- Adjunct Instructor, Emory University, Goizueta Business School (2002-2004)
- Executive Board, MIT Enterprise Forum, Atlanta Chapter (2003-2005)
- Chairman, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2000-2001
- Chairman, Marketing Committee, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1994 to 1997
- Chairman, The 1999 Group for the Marketing of the City of Atlanta
- Member, City of Atlanta Vendor Review Board
- Attaché, Australian Olympic Committee, 1996 Olympic Games, Atlanta
- President, Midtown Alliance (formerly Midtown Business Association), 1994
- Board of Directors, Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta, 1992 - 1994
- Board of Directors, AID Atlanta, 1992- 1994
- President, American Marketing Association, Atlanta Chapter, 1993 - 1994
- President, Atlanta Advertising Federation, 1990 - 1991
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Advertising Federation, 1986 - 1992
- Chairman, Atlanta Governing Council of the American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA), 1989 - 1990
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Public Broadcasting System (PBS), 1992 - 1995
- Advisory Panel Member, Georgia State Government Office of Consumer Affairs Advertising, 1991 - 1992
- Atlanta Advertising Federation Silver Medal Award Recipient for Distinguished Service, 1992
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) President of the Year / Club of the Year, 1991
- Best Marketing Director, Atlanta Business Chronicle, six consecutive years
- Honored as one of Georgia Trend's "100 Most Powerful and Influential People in Georgia," 1995, 1996" Foundation Governor, The Vinings Club, Atlanta
- Guest Lecturer, Emory University / University of Georgia / Georgia State University / Kennesaw State University
- Mentor, Georgia 100 Program
Previous Business Affiliations
- Former Radio talk show host, NewsTalk 750 WSB Atlanta and creator and host of Power Lunch, a daily business talk program heard on WQXI AM 790 Atlanta
- Chairman, Earle Palmer Brown / Southeast (ad agency), Atlanta — November 1989 to April 1990
- President & General Manager, Earle Palmer Brown / Southeast, Atlanta — August 1988 to November 1989
- President & General Manager, Fahlgren & Swink (ad agency), Atlanta — September 1984 to June 1988
- President, Nucifora & Associates (ad agency), Atlanta — September 1982 to September 1984
- Senior Vice President, McDonald & Little (ad agency), Atlanta — November 1976 to September 1982
- Product Manager, International Playtex, Inc., New York — July 1975 to October 1976
- Marketing Director, Coca-Cola Bottlers, Brisbane, Australia — 1968 to 1972
And now for something personal...
Alf and his wife, Debbie, live in Sausalito, California. His personal interests include leisure travel, U.S. politics and dogs (tries to attend The Westminster Dog Show whenever he can). Alf is a voracious reader.
If he were not in his current profession, Alf would be a fighter pilot, dog breeder, movie producer, animal shelter manager, national talk radio host and hardware store owner... just for starters.